Amanda Barry Bio
Marketing & Growth Consultant — Summer Marketing
Amanda K. Barry specializes in marketing and growth consulting for non-profit entities and small businesses, as well as extensive experience in event planning and fundraising. While these four areas have been her primary focus, the greater concentration is to the individual needs of her client’s current and future desires. Amanda also brings over 15 years of experience in finance and sales, allowing her to add additional knowledge in the shaping of her client’s financial needs and giving her the ability to provide a diverse variety of services.
She has been involved in community services and volunteer work for most of her professional career. Her experience includes Treasure Valley Christian School as Director of Development, responsible for marketing, fundraising, event planning, and growth. At Treasure Valley, she nearly doubled enrollment in just one year, as well as more than doubling fund development results.
Lifeways Behavioral Health in marketing, branding, and event planning for Lifeway’s Prevention Group; and GraceWorks Ministries as Consultant for marketing, fundraising, and growth.
Amanda’s volunteer work has included a number of positions:
- “Fish With a Cop,” an annual event for under-privileged children in the Western Treasure Valley to fish with a law enforcement officer. During her position as a Board Member the event has grown from 30 children for a one day event to 60 children and a two day event.
- Malheur County Drug Free Communities Coalition, Board Member, working with the community to provide education and prevention materials, as well as, events to support the community.
- Treasure Valley Community College Foundation, Executive Board Member/Chair, assisting in the marketing, fundraising, and development of the $6 million Capital Campaign for the new TVCC Science Center, completed in 2014.
- Additionally, City of Ontario Budget Committee, TVCC Budget Board, and the Annual “Mud Fest” volleyball tournament event raising between $7,500-$11,000 per year for local non-profit organizations.
- A position near to her heart, Amanda gives her time in Calvary Chapel Children’s Ministry as Sunday School Teacher for Kindergarten and 1st/2nd grade, as well as, 5th and 6th grade classes. She has also taken the position of Volunteer Coordinator for the summer Vacation Bible School Program.
In starting her own consulting business in February 2014, Amanda applied her faith in Christ, her love for her children, her acute understanding of the importance of a quality Christian education, and her drive and commitment to help and assist in the needs of the community. Her most rewarding experience has been her position of Development Director for Treasure Valley Christian School, in her home town of Ontario, OR, where her three children also attend. Her primary tasks include marketing, branding, fundraising, and event planning. During her first year in this position, with commitment and perseverance, the school enrollment increased by 35%.
Amanda will complete her Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice/Law Enforcement Administration this spring. Although God has changed her life’s direction, she realizes the importance of “the finish.”
She was born in Fresno, California, but her family re-located to Eastern Oregon shortly before her first birthday. She is the youngest of two girls and is “Auntie Manda” to her 19 year-old niece, MaKaylee and 13 year-old nephew, Blake. Her interests are obvious to nearly everyone who knows her … Her love for her heavenly Father; her love for her three amazing children, Gavin (11) and twin girls Payton & Paylon (7); and her love for her extended family who all live within a 20 mile radius. She enjoys hunting, fishing, outdoor sports, game nights with her children, and summer family days.
Amanda applies God’s word in every aspect of her life. Spending time in Women’s Bible Study, daily devotionals, and standing firm on one verse in particular that has given strength to her entire family through trials and triumphs…
“I can do all things through Christ Who gives me strength.” Philippians 4:13